If Roy Halladay gets traded we could see some exciting moves on a prospect perspective.
I see the move going 3 ways right now:
- Jason Donald has been a SS target last year for Toronto and this may be the chance to get him since they want a SS back minimum.
- JA Happ is the rumoured pitcher in return. He's starting to really look good in the big leagues and I suspect they hang on to him.
- Kyle Drabek will more than likely be the piece they give up instead of Happ.
- Michael Taylor - This guy has been turning heads lately and I see the Jays making a play at this
- John Mayberry Jr father played for the Jays and it wouldn't surprise me if they grab him out of nostaliga
Most likely trade in my opinion: Donald, Drabek, Taylor for Halladay
Chicago White Sox:
- Gordon Beckham or nothing. Can't see this deal happening without Beckham and find it hard to believe the Sox move Beckham.
- Aaron Poreda - already on the shopping block for Jake Peavy he will continue to be a key piece to this deal
- Clayton Richard - same as Poreda
- Jordan Danks - the better of the Danks and the other Danks is pretty damn good.
Unlikely but trade I would like to see most: Beckham and Poreda for Halladay
- Alcides Escobar - said to be untouchable but Jays won't do it without a top SS
- Matt Gamel - huge bat the Jays would covet
- Brett Lawrie - Canadian boy who could move Aaron Hill back to SS and take over at 2b
- Manny Parra - toss in young arm
More likely than Sox but Brewers say Escobar and Gamel are untouchable: Escobar, Gamel for Halladay
In the end Halladay is one of if not the best pitcher in baseball who can help a team win two world series in a row plus provide 2 top draft picks if he walks at the end. Jays don't move him for less than above but they also need to focus on rebuilding and Halladay could provide an immediate impact.
Outside chance Red Sox come into play with Lars Anderson and some young arms but I doubt the Jays deal within the division.